Sunday, July 20, 2008

Foraging update...7/20/08


It was a quite rainy day today, and too gloomy to stay inside, so I decided to head into the woods fir a few hours and see what I could find.

I found some beautiful chaterelles, they are really a great size right now. Also found one lonely brown oyster mushroom, and a hand full of boletes.

At the end of my wet jaunt through the forest, I stubled on a patch of wild raspberries. A perfect ending, and a perfect complement to a saute' of mushrooms with berries over soft polenta. I have a pheasant leg hanging out in the freezer I think I will raost and put over the polenta, and top with the saute. That's what I am talkin about.

1 comment:

caesare` said...

hmm, that plate looks vaguely familiar ...
i should get me some shrooms now ... though, i think a saute topped with fresh blueberries,warm cider pickled kohlrabi, and melted chevre